Supporting our own well-being with local-plant infused soaps has become a new ritual for us. Personally, it keeps me grateful and feeling loved even on terrible days, so this isn't pampering--it's necessary for these times! Send this Winter Soap Love seasonal gift set from our community to anyone in need of some extra love right now, or give one to yourself. This gift set ships in a festive winter evergreen branches gift box and includes one each of our:
- Comfort soap. A community offering from Whidbey, this comforting soap contains our calendula flowers and rose petals and buds, ethically wild harvested dandelion flowers from trusted fields here, and goats' milk from my herbalist teacher's (Crow's Daughter's) lovely mama goats.
- Rise & Shine soap. This bright soap helps with waking up on days you're not ready to wake up. Full of our spearmint, peppermint, rosemary, calendula flowers, and dandelion flowers. Keep this one well away from your eyes--peppermint and eyeballs don't mix!
- Kitchen Garden Rose soap. Made with our pink and yellow climbing roses from around our kitchen door--petals, buds, and new leaves plus some rose clay that makes it extra soft and lovely--intended for pampering your whole body during the colder, drying winter months.
- Forest Bathing soap. For people who love walking in the woods so much that they want their shower or bath to smell the same. Our forests here on south Whidbey smell like Douglas fir + Western Red cedar + moss + sea breezes (the good kind, not the super low-tide kind) + friendship. These soaps smell like that, minus the moss.
- Rose Aloe Facial Bar soap. These rose and aloe facial bars are made with our beloved rose petals, buds, and new leaves paired with an organic aloe vera gel. The scent is subtle rose. This soap is remarkably soft and softening, and it's intended for pampering your face during cold and drying winter months.
- Orange Clove dish soap bar. This one is pure autumn-into-winter pleasure. We love these scents together in the cool months and make these to make dish washing a more relaxing and loving activity. Best used with a dishcloth, loofah, or sponge as these clean great and smell wonderful but they don't produce tons of bubbles like commercial dish soap.
The gift set ships in a winter holidays gift box with images of green and white evergreen branches, holly branches, and pine cones on the box--box can be seen under the soaps in the photos. You can also choose to give this give in a simpler Silly Dog Studios gift bag for a reduced rate.
Whidbey folks, you can choose the Pick Up option to avoid shipping costs at check out, and you can pick up from our herbal studio here. We can ship priority in the continental US until December 15, 2021 to get this gift to someone in time for Christmas. If there's another winter holiday you're aiming for (hurray for Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Boxing Day!), please allow 10 calendar days for shipping in the continental US. It likely won't take that long but we don't want to disappoint you if the post office decides to take its sweet time!
Supply is limited. This set contains our own seasonally gathered plants and herbs, and when they're gone for the season, they're gone until at least next year. :-) Additional product details follow and even more can be found on the individual product pages on this website.
Storage and life of the products: To extend the life of the soap bars and dish soap bars, store them where they can dry quickly (like on a soap drainer or folded dry washcloth) after use and where they don't get regular spray from the faucet. Unused, the soap and dish soap bars will last a very long time, likely longer than you and me. :-)
Size of soaps and dish soap bars: Roughly 4-ounce bars. These are made by hand in small batches and hand cut by cool women, not machines. This means most bars are 4 ounces and that the bars can range from 3.7 ounces to 4.5 ounces, most are 4 or more. We keep anything smaller than that for ourselves and our families, to give as gifts to neighbors in need (in the past few years that was soaps to a local shelter for unhouse people and to frontline healthcare workers at Mom's memory care home), and to cut up and give as free surprises and samples to those who buy our products. We're not machines, people, nor do we want to be. :-)
Ingredients in Comfort soap: Our own grown-on-Whidbey pink and yellow roses (rose petals, buds, new leaves) and calendula flowers plus ethically wild gathered dandelion flowers infused into organic extra virgin olive oil for at least 6 weeks, plus local generous goats' milk, coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, ground calendula, yellow clay, jojoba oil, and chamomile, rose, and rose geranium essential oils.
Ingredients in the Rise & Shine soap: Whidbey-grown (at Silly Dog Studios) dandelion flowers, rosemary, spearmint & peppermint infused in organic olive oil, shea butter, organic coconut oil, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, yellow clay, ground Whidbey calendula flowers (from Silly Dog Studios), peppermint essential oil.
Ingredients in the Kitchen Garden Rose soap: Our own roses (petal, bud, new leaf) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, rose clay, rose geranium essential oil blend, jojoba oil, and rose essential oil.
Ingredients in the Forest Bathing soap: Whidbey windfall and gifted Douglas Fir and Western red cedar branches plus our own roses (petals, buds, and new leaves) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, jojoba oil, and fir, cedar, and rose essential oils.
Ingredients in the Rose Aloe Facial Bar soap. Our own grown-on-Whidbey roses (rose petals, buds, new leaves) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil for 6 to 10 weeks, plus organic aloe vera gel, coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, rose clay, sea clay, jojoba oil, and rose and chamomile essential oils.
Ingredients in the Orange Clove dish soap bar: Organic coconut oil, organic olive oil, hand grated and dried orange peel, ground cloves, sodium hydroxide, and orange essential oil.
Packaging: We currently wrap our soaps and dish soap bars in a small piece of food-safe, compostable parchment paper with a paper label to ensure safe handling. Consider recycling the paper or, better yet, rip it into pieces and use it as a great "brown" in your compost pile or bin. Our Silly Dog Studios gift bag is made with recycled paper products and can be reused, recycled, or shredded into compost. The winter holiday gift boxes are from Papermart. They are made of 80-90% post consumer recycled paper and printed with non-toxic inks. They can be reused or recycled too.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. I'm an herbalist like my grandmother before me, and I am interested in community, planetary, personal, emotional, and spiritual wellness. I have a doctorate degree in education (EdD). I am not a medical doctor or a scientist, nor have I been pregnant. I lean on ever-deepening relationships with local forests, plants and herbs and flowers and lichen, local wise women, ancestors, other herbalists, insects, birds, and I love learning traditional folk ways from people who love to share them across old boundaries, every chance I get. I intentionally study forests and plants directly, plus community wellness and connectedness, resilience, self-organizing groups, playfulness, deep fun, and life as experienced by those with different ancestors than my own--because I believe these are what we need to learn more about right now. I don't study human illness and disease. So, please, to make well-informed decisions for yourself, seek the guidance of your qualified health professional, such your medical doctor, nurse practitioner, naturopathic physician, and/or clinical herbalist with questions regarding your medical conditions, dosage information, and possible interactions with prescription drugs. This is especially important if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription drugs, have a chronic disease or any chronic concern, have allergies, or if you are considering using these products with children. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.